The Gillian Gamble Minibus
Using the money left to the Group from a former leader, Gillian Gamble, we have bought a minibus to improve the Young People's access to everyday adventure. Please see below for more details about hiring the minibus.
Driver and Hirer Requirements
Under the terms of our insurance there are a few requirements that the drivers and the hirers (Organisation hiring the minbus) must meet.
The following terms are subject to change.
- Over the age of 25 and under the age of 70.
- Holds a full valid UK driving licence with a category D1 entitlement (D1+E if towing)
- Held a full UK driving licence for at least 24 months.
- Has provided the Minibus Team with a code for accessing driver details on the DVLA website.
- Has no more than 6 penalty points on his or her licence.
A check will be conducted for all drivers before the bus will be hired out. Approval of drivers shall be at the discretion of the Minibus Team, with right of appeal to the 1st Ripley Scout Group Executive Committee.
For full details on Driver Requirements, please contact the Minibus Team for a copy of the Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- Only organisations that are eligible and hold a Section 19 small bus permit, are able to hire The Gillian Gamble Minibus.
- It is a legal, and insurance requirement that a valid Section 19 Permit is displayed in the minibus whenever it is used.
- It is the responsibility of the organisation hiring the bus to ensure that they hold, and display a valid Section 19 permit.
- 1st Ripley Scout Group’s Section 19 Permit does not cover use of the bus by non-members.
- For Scout Groups, a Section 19 minibus permit can be obtained from The Scout Association for around £5.
For full details on hirer requirements please contact us for a copy of the Terms and Conditions of Hire.