Being a Beaver
When you join Beavers, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to
Get an introduction to outdoor activities, have the opportunity to be creative, explore your local community and experience the excitement of a Beaver Scout sleepover with your friends.
Badges and Awards
Beavers aim to complete the Chief Scout Bronze Award by completing badges and activities, as well as earning lots of activity badges along the way.
The Beaver programme will challenge you to do more, learn more and be more.
As a values based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’ an oath that helps us to be our best
Uniform and badge placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
All of our leaders are trained volunteers, working to make sure Scouting is safe, inclusive and accessible. Some lead the Colony week in and week out. Others visit occasionally to help run a session or drop in to share their skills. No matter how much time you have to spare, find out about volunteering on your own terms.
- Family Camp 2023We had a superb time at Family Camp 2023. Including the first nights away for Squirrels in Ripley and Heanor.
- The Coronation of King Charles III1st Ripley leader volunteers at the Coronation of HM King Charles III.
- 1st Ripley RemembersSmart turnout for Ripley Scouts as they remember those who lost their lives in service.
- 1st Ripley Scouts Remember HM The Queen1st Ripley Scouts remember monarch and Patron, HM Queen Elizabeth II.
- Welcome to Octavius ExplorersNew Explorer unit opens in Ripley for 14-18 year olds
- Badge Bonanza – Over 250 badges awarded at Presentation EveningOver 250 badges presented at 1st Ripley’s 2022 Presentation evening.